Monday, 22 November 2010

Music Magazine Draft Contents Page

- For my music magazine I did a draft contents page so that I could have a basic idea of what it would look like to me and everyone else and also give me an idea of the layout that I was working to so I knew where abouts I would be putting the images and the text.
- We decided that we were going to use 2 colours and decided on red and silver because red is a colour that both boys and girls like and the silver makes the magazine look a bit more classy and up market so that people feel that they are getting more for their money. I decided that I would have a red background, slightly fainted than the strong red and have the writing in silver.
- When we did the contents page for the preliminary task, we finished of the word 'contents page' with 3 ellipses. I liked this idea because I think that it makes you carry on reading the page because you want to find out what the end of the sentence is and so it makes the reader finish reading the whole of the page.
- For my contents page I didn't want it to say 'Contents Page' so I have shortened it to just 'Contents...' because I think that people don't want to spend much time reading the title telling them that it's the contents page, they want to have a idea of what they're reading so that they can get on and read the rest of the page.
- Each subheading is very simple so it is clear what section each of the specific pages are in. They are also in boxes with dashed outlines so that each section has the right pages in it. Also the page headings don't contain a lot of information therefore the headings are vital.
- The subheadings I have to decided to use are:
   - On Tour...
   - Reviews...
   - Win...
   - New...
   - Gigs...
   - What's Hot...
- I have decided to include 2 images on this page, one of a picture from the double page spread and a small picture of the prize of what you can win in this weeks edition so that it will attract readers into buying the magazine because they know that they can have a chance of wining a good prize.
- Below is the draft for my contents page, I have labelled spaces where the pictures will be in relation to the rest of the page so that when I have my pictures, I will be able to slot them in those places so that I'm not messing around trying to find the best place for them to go.
- I got feedback from other people to see what things I could improve. I got told that I should at a date and issue number on the page. I asked them where would be an appropiate place to put that information. I got told to put them either underneath the heading 'Contents...' or in the top corners or at the bottom of the page. I also got told to move some of the boxes around so that the 'Win...' box wasn't so close to the outside of the page and move the 'Reviews...' and 'New..' boxes across so that there will be more room for the 'Win...' box.





No comments:

Post a Comment