Monday, 3 January 2011

Evaluation - How Did You Attract/Address Your Audience?

- I address my target audience by making and submitting a questionnaire before making my magazine so that I could include everything that they wanted in one music magazine.
- Below is the questionnaire I submitted to 15 people aged between 15-21:


Questionnaire for the Target Audience

Gender (please circle):                         Male                                 Female
Age:     10-15               16-20                21-25              26-30
Name your top 5 artists:   ________________________
                                                    ________________________
                                                    ________________________
                                                    ________________________
                                                    ________________________

More Pictures or More Text on a Page:                      Pictures                           Text

Q&A’s or an Article:                 Q&A’s                       Articles

Do you want to know about gigs:              Yes                 No

Do you read music magazines:              Yes                 No

If yes please state: ___________________________________________________________

How much are you willing to pay for a music magazine:   up to £1    £1-£1.50      £1.50- £2.00   £2.00+

Would you like a free gift with your magazine:              Yes                 No

If yes what:         CD’s           Posters             Tickets           Other__________________

Do you want the chance to win exclusive items (eg. Tickets, iPods):              Yes                 No

How do you listen to music:          IPod          Radio          CD’s             TV                Other______________

What music do you listen to:     Rock      Indie      Drum and Bass        Pop          R&B   Classical     Jazz
                                                        Folk        Dance        Other_____________________

Where do you buy your music:      ITunes         HMV        Download Illegally            Other____________

Other Comments: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


- Also in my article, I used short paragraphs and short sentences and informal language to keep them interested in the article itself and this language it what appeals to teenagers and makes the magazine seem more friendly and shows that it is aimed at their age group.


No comments:

Post a Comment